Town Marketing is a proud Business Member of 1% for the Planet®, a global organization that exists to ensure our planet and future generations thrive. 1% for the Planet® inspires businesses and individuals to support environmental nonprofits through membership and everyday actions. The 1% for the Planet® certification is given to businesses that meet the high-bar commitment — they donate 1% of annual sales to environmental causes.
Started in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies, 1% for the Planet’s business members and individual members have given hundreds of millions of dollars to approved nonprofit partners to date. Today, the global network consists of thousands of businesses, individuals and environmental nonprofits working toward a better future for all.
🌎 How did we choose 1% for the Planet?
- 1% for the Planet® works to prevent greenwashing, certify reputable giving and provide accountability for environmental giving.
- For businesses of any size, 1% of sales — not profits — is a real and substantial commitment. We can always give more but we will never give less than 1%.
- Currently, only 3% of philanthropic giving goes to the environment.
- Our planet needs more support and the 1% for the Planet® network is on a mission to change that.
- The 1% for the Planet® membership model drives critical philanthropic support to address the most urgent environmental issues of our time.