Town Marketing’s proprietary Digital Dashboard allows small businesses to harness and leverage their data in order to make informed decisions. The first step to optimizing return on investment is understanding the current state of your business, customers, leads, and conversions. The Digital Dashboard will lend insights that will help you with all areas of your marketing, branding, and advertising.
In the top right corner of your dashboard you will be able to adjust the dates. Your data will automatically adjust to the period you’ve selected and compare to the previous period. So now you can take a look at your results from last week compared to the week before – or last quarter compared to the quarter before – in just a couple of clicks.
The key insights from Google Analytics that are included in your Digital Dashboard are:
- Users. How many people visited your site?
- Sessions. How many times did people visit your site? This accounts for the cases when one person visits your site multiple times.
- Page views. Say someone visits your site on Monday and visits your home page and about page. They come back on Tuesday to check out your services page. This will have counted as: 1 user, 2 sessions, and 3 page views.
- Bounce rate. A bounce is when a user opens a single page on your site and then exits without triggering any other requests during that session. This helps us understand how engaging your site is and if you’re getting the right people to your site.
- Goal completions. These are unique to your business and are determined according to your growth objectives. For example, you’re an electrician and have set a growth objective of 75 new clients per month. Let’s say 20% of those that contact you convert to become clients. That means we need to generate 375 contact leads per month. Generally your clients contact you by phone, email, or filling out a contact form on your website. We would set a goal in Google Analytics for each one of those three actions.
- Engagement by channel. We then look at which channels are driving the most engagement in the form of sessions, page views, and goal completions. For example, we will be able to tell that people visiting your site from Instagram are contacting you the most often. Our social strategies are working and we may need to look at reallocating resources to those campaigns to achieve a higher rate of growth.
Google Search Console
Your Google Search Console insights are critical to understanding your organic web presence in search results, and measuring the effectiveness of our SEO strategies. The key insights from Google Search Console that are included in your Digital Dashboard are:
- Impressions. The number of times any URL from your site appeared in search results viewed by a user, not including paid Google Ads search impressions.
- Clicks. The number of clicks on your website URLs from a Google Search results page, not including clicks on paid Google Ads search results.
- Click-through rate (CTR). Clicks / impressions x 100. If our CTR is too low, we likely need to adjust the content that users are seeing to generate more clicks. Or it’s possible that we’re getting a high number of impressions for search queries that are irrelevant to the business and need to adjust our SEO accordingly.
- Queries. The Google Search queries that generated impressions of your website URLs in Google organic search results. This is a big one. Queries can tell us if we’re showing up in search results for the right search terms (and if we’re not, we know to fix it), and it can also help us recognize relevant search terms to be used in blog posts, ad campaigns, etc. that we were missing before.
If you’re running Google Ads campaigns, the following will be included in your Digital Dashboard:
- Individual conversion actions and total conversions
- Total cost
- Cost per conversion
- Campaign vs. campaign comparison (if performing testing)
- Keyword performance
Ready to get your very own Digital Dashboard? Access is included with all of our Pay As You Go CMO plans. Select a plan and start your free trial today. As with all of our services, your Digital Dashboard can be customized to suit your business needs and objectives. There are tons of other accounts we can integrate into the dashboard including Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, and Shopify. Click here for a sample preview of a Digital Dashboard
Haven’t yet set up Google Analytics or Search Console? No problem. We can handle it for you. We will set up your Google Analytics UA and 4 properties and link your domain to Search Console. You will always have administrative access to any accounts that we create on behalf of your business.